Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/daan/data/www/redblade.org/www/community/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Announcing Redblade SRD
community.redblade.org
December 11, 2018, 06:03:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forums spam cleaned up. Registration disabled due to spambots, sorry!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing Redblade SRD  (Read 9353 times)
daan
Administrator
Gem-Encrusted Sword

View Profile WWW Email
« on: August 08, 2006, 06:34:57 pm »

** Update oct-2006: New screenshots and Redblade SRD feature information can be found here. **

Hi all!

A big greeting on the eve of Gen-Con! No Gen-Con for me this year. *sniffle* Nevertheless, I wanted to tease you a bit and give a small peek at what's brewing.  Take a peak at the developing screenshots of the next edition of Redblade, Redblade SRD!

(Note, Redblade SRD is a work in progress, hence the somewhat crude interface. Its not done yet!)

Whip up a half-dragon rustmonster psionic epic character with sprinkles on top in only a few minutes!

Don't like the character sheet? Just mod it with the wysiwyg character sheet editor, or download one online!

Want to prepare a campaign for your players? No problem! just drag the desired sourcebooks in your campaign file, add your customized content, and email the campaign package to your friends. Write your own sourcebooks? No problem either. Redblade SRD comes equipped with everything you need to make entering your hardcopy a snap.

Redblade SRD comes prepackaged with all SRD data, and will support all popular sourcebooks.

Get involved! Make sure I get to know whats important to your D&D party. I'll keep you posted!

Wheee!
Daan
daan
Administrator
Gem-Encrusted Sword

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 05:48:11 am »

Q. How does it support the sourcebooks? Will you be releasing files with information from those sourcebooks, or would a DM have to input the necessary information himself?
A.  Redblade SRD comes equipped with sourcebooks for all the SRD data, and a designer that will allow you to input your hardcopy without any scripting. I cannot include closed content without a license from the respective publishers.

Q. Will you be able to import from previous version so you don't have to re-enter all the campaign data?
A. At this time it is possible to import your Redblade 3.5 campaign file into Redblade SRD and run it as a separate campaign (without having the benefit of any SRD data). Thats how I am currently testing the engine. If enough people feel its important i'll work on a better form of import that actually stacks your customized data on top of the SRD sourcebooks. That would allow you to use both at the same time.

Q. When can I get it?
A. Going by the schedule I expect it to be completed somewhere around November 2006, give or take a month.
daan
Administrator
Gem-Encrusted Sword

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 02:54:44 pm »

Q. Am I limited to one campaign file at a time, like with Redblade 3.5e?

A. No, you can use multiple sourcebooks (each an individual file) at the same time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: