Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/daan/data/www/redblade.org/www/community/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Icon addition
community.redblade.org
August 24, 2017, 06:20:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forums spam cleaned up. Registration disabled due to spambots, sorry!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Icon addition  (Read 16690 times)
xavierorion
bug hunter
Adventurers Blade

xavierorion69
View Profile
« on: August 15, 2006, 01:12:34 pm »

First off i would like to say i am very excited about the new version Redblade.  It looks awesome!!!!

I was wondering though, if we will now be able to add item icons to the program?  It is a nicety and by no means necessary for the functionality of the program, but it would be nice to add our own image icons.

thanx

XavierOrion
daan
Administrator
Gem-Encrusted Sword

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 06:34:47 pm »

Custom icons is in the Redblade SRD engine at this moment. Smiley

Daan
Dalagor
Adventurers Blade

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 10:21:31 pm »

Thats cool.

As the winter wind sweeps through the trees, so shall my blades sweep through you."
ploesch
Administrator
Battleworn Gladius

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 12:54:11 am »

WOOHOOO!!

I didn't even consider this feature, that's great!!
gsman
Adventurers Blade

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 08:50:24 pm »

wOOt AWSOME!

@Daan:can u teach me c++ through PM's? i tried tutorials but they just don't have that "human taught me" thing

0.0) This is Bob. Bob wants to take over the world. Please copy and paste Bob into your sig to help him on his quest.
ploesch
Administrator
Battleworn Gladius

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 12:46:59 am »

Quote from: "gsman"
wOOt AWSOME!

@Daan:can u teach me c++ through PM's? i tried tutorials but they just don't have that "human taught me" thing

Daan does Delphi, not sure about C++.

He's definetely an excellent programmer.  I would take a course he offered. Smiley
gsman
Adventurers Blade

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 02:32:59 pm »

Fine then if that language is free, I'll do that one.

0.0) This is Bob. Bob wants to take over the world. Please copy and paste Bob into your sig to help him on his quest.
aStalwartClone
Rusty Dagger

launa94
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2006, 04:01:44 am »

Daan, you already answered this, but if I wanted to find a way to view/modify icons.dat and actually am able to add gif files to the collection, would I be able to import them into gif files, would they be imported into Redblade CG Alpha when I start using it? 

Will all the customizations I've made in the campaign file, prestige classes, races, items, weapons, etc be imported in the new version (nothing invented, all from the books) so that I don't have to do all this work again?

Thanks in advance.
-A

Nobody ever said this was easy.  That's what makes us great at it.
-A
daan
Administrator
Gem-Encrusted Sword

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2006, 05:31:40 am »

Daan, you already answered this, but if I wanted to find a way to view/modify icons.dat and actually am able to add gif files to the collection, would I be able to import them into gif files, would they be imported into Redblade CG Alpha when I start using it? 

Redblade CG is capable of importing the icons.dat, so if Redblade 3.5 can read it, Redblade CG should be able to import it. Note that there currently is no official Redblade way to edit icons.dat.

Will all the customizations I've made in the campaign file, prestige classes, races, items, weapons, etc be imported in the new version (nothing invented, all from the books) so that I don't have to do all this work again?

There is an import function in place. However the importer isn't perfected yet and isn't very high on my priority list so at least for the first release of Redblade CG you would have to fix some issues manually.

Daan
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: