community.redblade.org
August 20, 2014, 04:47:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forums spam cleaned up. Registration disabled due to spambots, sorry!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RedBlade SRD Campaign Files  (Read 6174 times)
ploesch
Administrator
Battleworn Gladius

View Profile WWW
« on: September 07, 2006, 07:04:48 pm »

OK, so looking at the preview it says you can drag books into your campaign file, add custom rules and e-Mail it to friends.  YAY!

Is this campaign file password protected?  Simple protection should be fine, but this way players can't just add their own stuff in without your consent, or change the way the campaign is structured.  This way if you happen to play with someone that say fudges the rues some, it will be harder for them to do.

Can you determine what rolling methods are allowed in the campaign file?

Will there be a sheet listing any changes made manually to characters?  Optionally printed?

Is there a way to make Global changes to the campaign file?  Add a 7th stat.  Add other effects all characters get from said stat.    Start everyone at max funds without going into each class file.  Start everyone at max HP.  Basically anything that would be in effect campaign wide, and not just on one character or class.
daan
Administrator
Gem-Encrusted Sword

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 05:26:49 am »

Quote from: "ploesch"
Is this campaign file password protected?  Simple protection should be fine, but this way players can't just add their own stuff in without your consent, or change the way the campaign is structured.  This way if you happen to play with someone that say fudges the rues some, it will be harder for them to do.

I've considered this, and I wonder if it is appropriate to place anti-cheat responsibility with Redblade. I would prefer clearly indicating what aspects of a character have been customized opposed to coding all sorts of physical restrictions.

Redblade will probably contain a special window that lists all notes, customized topics and 'illegal' selections (like when there are more skills selected than normally allowed, or when the prerequisites of a feat are not met).  Printing this data on a character sheet (extra page) would be possible.

If you do not trust one of your players, just have them send back the character file to you, so you can inspect it and print it out using your unmodified campaign file.

Quote from: "ploesch"
Can you determine what rolling methods are allowed in the campaign file? Is there a way to make Global changes to the campaign file?  Add a 7th stat.  Add other effects all characters get from said stat. Start everyone at max funds without going into each class file.  Start everyone at max HP.  Basically anything that would be in effect campaign wide, and not just on one character or class.

Answer to all of these is: probably. I'm trying to make things as efficient and intuitive as possible.

Daan
greyhaze
Adventurers Blade

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 08:18:15 am »

That sounds like a very cool feature.  Smiley
ploesch
Administrator
Battleworn Gladius

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 02:22:30 pm »

My Group now is completely trustwothy, but we've had bad apples in the past, so it is something that came to mind.

Pehaps just simply being able to password protect a campagn file before sending it to players would be enough of a safeguard.  Just a thought, and defnetely now a requirement of any kind.
Jhas777
Rusty Dagger

16786643 jhas777@gmail.com jhas_777
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 03:43:46 pm »

Wow, that would be really good...

Things like adding a new saving throw (Toughness), linking dexterity to attack instead of Strenght, and which dice rolls can be made would be very usefull for me since I plan to use RedBlade with Green Ronins' True20 and not the normal SRD.

e realistic and demand the impossible.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: