Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/daan/data/www/redblade.org/www/community/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
when does srd come out
community.redblade.org
April 24, 2018, 06:28:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forums spam cleaned up. Registration disabled due to spambots, sorry!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: when does srd come out  (Read 19369 times)
daan
Administrator
Gem-Encrusted Sword

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2007, 03:01:50 pm »

What is the timeframe now for redblade? I have been fidling with 2e, 3e and 3.5e for some time now and I am convinced that asside from the release of the Core-Rules CD-ROM in the late 90s this is by far the best series of character generators around. I'm anticipating a release soon from you on this.... I suspect sometime at the end of January. I'm in no big hurry to get your program, however, I am really interested to see how you will truely improve upon your previous masterworks. There are some things I am curious about myself though:

Cheesy wheee!

I'm reluctant to set a date. Redblade CG is currently being alpha testing and the alpha testing team is still somewhere in the tongue1 and icon_scratch stages. When they reach hello2 I'll release it.

Will you include a NPC generator? I'm sure this would be something DMs (not PCs particularly) would find most helpful. The idea of a congruent program that can solve several DM problems I think would be good... however, I could see this as a later addition to the program. I do not intend to push things on your plate.

One click character generation is planned, which could include NPC's. (Redblade also generates statblocks).

Any chance for importing "artwork" into the program to display what a character "looks like"? I know from both a DM and PC standpoint that something like this would really round out how a character is made.

A character portrait sounds like a good addition, I'll add it to the todo list.

Daan
greyhaze
Adventurers Blade

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2007, 09:43:49 am »

I'm reluctant to set a date.

Any chance of getting a ballpark now? Cheesy
ploesch
Administrator
Battleworn Gladius

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2007, 01:07:44 pm »

I'm still completeing the SRD campaign file.  I just have psionic classes left to create.  Psionics has never been my cup of tea, so I'm being careful on these and it's going a little slow.   The other classes I think are done, except for a few things that I am not sure if it's a programming thing, or something I can change in the campaign file.  I have a feeling Daan is having to do some programming to allow me to make the necessary changes to the SRD to make the classes work correctly.  After that the SRD file should be complete and serious testing can be done.  Testing has been put on hold till we have a good campaign file.

We also still don't have a forge for Items, and I can't see a release without that.   We haven't even gotten a Alpha of the forge yet.  We can test the rest of the program without the forge, but I just don't see a release without the forge.

There are a few other issues that are relatively minor, and we might be able to get a release without, although I have a feeling Daan will want to have them all ironed out before there is an open Beta.

greyhaze
Adventurers Blade

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2007, 10:16:44 am »

Cool.  Sounds close, as far as the SRDs are concerned.  What about releasing a vr 1.0 without an Item forge?
ploesch
Administrator
Battleworn Gladius

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2007, 01:44:27 am »

Well, with or without the forge will be up to Daan.  My impression is that he wants the public release to be as complete as possible, especially since the new version is more difficult to add items to.
Orcwart
Rusty Dagger

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2007, 10:23:21 am »

Are we waiting for 4e before this comes out?

am a man of constant sorrow.
greyhaze
Adventurers Blade

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2007, 09:27:32 am »

Technically no.  Although 4th E is a long way off, maybe they'll be out around the same time.  Wink
greyhaze
Adventurers Blade

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2007, 10:05:50 am »

2) Tomb of Understanding "Wizards of the Coast's SRD Material" +5

We locking him up?  Maybe a Tome would work better for him...
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: