Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/daan/data/www/redblade.org/www/community/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Status update
community.redblade.org
June 23, 2018, 03:20:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forums spam cleaned up. Registration disabled due to spambots, sorry!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Status update  (Read 21150 times)
daan
Administrator
Gem-Encrusted Sword

View Profile WWW Email
« on: November 15, 2006, 06:31:20 am »

Hi guys!

Just a quick update on things. Today I received my license for Turbo Delphi 2006 (yay!) and porting Redblade SRD was relatively painless. With all the refactoring tools the demo has been quite a joy to use.

In the meantime I completed the customizable Item Forge/Enchanter, selection prerequisites popup, and cleaned up the ugly help (see screenshot).

Something nifty: as a user you can rename any selection without having to dive into sourcebooks. In this example I renamed Dwarf with Banana Dwarf. You can probably imagine the uses for this. Your changes will automatically show up on your character sheet as well.

Next is statblocks, multi-language tests and streamlining the Sourcebook entry end of things! I'll keep you posted!

Daan
greyhaze
Adventurers Blade

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 09:21:41 am »

sweet!  Smiley
ploesch
Administrator
Battleworn Gladius

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 01:15:19 pm »

:' )

So beautiful.
daan
Administrator
Gem-Encrusted Sword

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 06:04:32 am »

Quote from: "the_app"
I assume all the stars are graphical icons that can be changed to suit the character/skill/whatever type?  Is this an incorrect assumption?  I only ask as the current version allows you to put little graphical widgets into the different things to show what they are (weapons/classes/races/etc).

You assume correctly. You can import your own graphical widgets. The stars are placeholders for items that lack a graphical widget (the data you see here is imported from Redblade 3.5e, and hasn't been assigned custom widgets).
jack_dnd
Rusty Dagger

jack_dnd
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 10:13:12 am »

Wicked Cool!

<waitings with eager anticipation>
Granak
bug hunter
Trusted Sword

granak1031@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 01:12:36 pm »

Looks great. It seems that everyone (myself included) has become somewhat obsessive about seeing and using the new Redblade.

ere lies an athiest, all dressed up with no place to go

To be strange is to be normal, and to be normal is to be starnge.
galencúdîn
Rusty Dagger

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 11:23:55 am »

Will the new RedBlade include Spell Resistance in character generation AND character sheet ? In the old RedBlade, it has to be included in the Race Abilities instead.
As an example, a drow character should have his/her SR shown on the character sheet ( and the SR will update as his/her character level increases ).
Whatever, RedBlade SRD looks like the greatest tool we could have.  Cheesy

What does not kill us, makes us stronger.
daan
Administrator
Gem-Encrusted Sword

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 07:19:47 am »

Quote from: "the_app"
One last thing, is this new release going to be slightly more intuitive than the current one?  I only ask, not as a criticism, but because I spent approximately an hour last night trying to get the weapon--sling to properly show up on the character sheet using Dex for Hit Bonus and Str for Dam bonus.  Based off the options you can select, it should auto calculate this, however it took a weird combo of Ranged/Str/Special Rules in order to get it to show up right.  Now, don't get me wrong, I fully understand that the current version is slightly broken and hence the reason for the update, but I wanted to ensure that the new version actually had some sort of script file that could be read or possibly scroll overs.  If not, no worries, this Forum is wonderful for finding solutions, since the problem you have is probably the same problem someone else has and already tackled.  Just asking though for my own understanding of the new program.

I'm putting in work to make the sourcebook designer as inituitive as possible. The Redblade 3.5e designer was added for initial data entry and as such is a bit confusing, I never put much thought into it.

Daan
daan
Administrator
Gem-Encrusted Sword

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006, 07:21:13 am »

Quote from: "galencúdîn"
Will the new RedBlade include Spell Resistance in character generation AND character sheet ? In the old RedBlade, it has to be included in the Race Abilities instead.
As an example, a drow character should have his/her SR shown on the character sheet ( and the SR will update as his/her character level increases .

SR will be part of the default character sheet. (then again, you could just add it yourself since Redblade SRD contains a character sheet editor Smiley.
cm2ramos
bug hunter
Adventurers Blade

cm2ramos@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2006, 07:30:11 am »

Daan,

Any idea as to when the New version will be released this month?

I only ask because I'm getting ready to start a new Campaign and would like to put the new version to the test.  The guys I game with are relunctant to try Redblade, so I'd like to use it to sell them on it.

Just think of it, 1.5 years ago, I hadn't played D&D over 10 years and had to relearn a new system which is where Redblade came handy in for me.  Now I'm putting my DM's hat back on to give these guys a taste of good old fashioned Role-Playing, my style, in a whole new world and less Hack-n-Slash. I want Redblade to be at the center of my campaign.   Cheesy

Cheers!

C.M.Ramos

C.M.Ramos
==============
"Give me a row of Orc necks and room to swing and all weiriness will fall from me." - Gimli, Helms Deep, The Two Towers
==============
Granak
bug hunter
Trusted Sword

granak1031@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 02:18:31 pm »

There are four different game masters in my group of friends.
1. Runs BeSM d20.
2. Running a basic d&d 3.5 game.
3(Me). Running a savage d&d game.
4. Starting a savage d&d game.

There are five players in addition to us, and we all play in eachother's games. Out of the game masters, I'm the only one experienced in doing so. We have three computers available where we play at, a large play area, and quite a few books. The problem is that I'm the only one who understands all of the rules, and, with so many people, it takes awhile to make all of the characters, get them equipment, and so on. Most of the people know how to make thier own character, and what most things mean, but just don't know where to look things up. I've been working towards teaching them how to do everything on thier own, that way all I have to do is supervise, and I believe that Redblade will help me achieve that goal, as well as shorten up NPC generation, and will allow all of us to use all of the books without the wear and tear that comes with passing the same books around nine different households.

ere lies an athiest, all dressed up with no place to go

To be strange is to be normal, and to be normal is to be starnge.
daan
Administrator
Gem-Encrusted Sword

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2006, 02:49:55 pm »

Quote from: "cm2ramos"
Any idea as to when the New version will be released this month?

The date is pretty fluid, since do not have a fixed amount of hours to work on Redblade each week. I'll post a todo list soon and update it as I go.
daan
Administrator
Gem-Encrusted Sword

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 03:18:01 am »

Hi all! Sorry to keep you waiting.

I'm still alive. I'll post an update soon!

Daan
greyhaze
Adventurers Blade

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2007, 08:58:07 am »

Getting older...
ploesch
Administrator
Battleworn Gladius

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2007, 01:24:33 pm »

It's not all on Daan.  I have been working on cleaning up the SRD file.  There are allot of little but important issues with the SRD campaign file that are causing the Alpha team to not be able to properly test.  We just can't tell if something is a program or a Campaign file error allot of times.

As some of you know, I did the CoreRules-SRD that was on the yahoo group.  I thought this would be easy, but the back-end is completely different, so I'm having to learn it all over again.  It also almost seems harder to find the small errors until we find them by test, so that is slowing me down a bit.  Finally, I've just been busy in my personal life, but I hope to start dedicating more of my time to redblade so I can say with confidence that the SRD is solid.

Now, for what you want to know....

RedBlade CG is not yet complete, the most glaring thing missing is the Forge for Items.  I'm not sure that Daan will want to release a Beta without that.  Other than that, the new generator is incredibly Flexible.  It should accomodate most rule variants.

That also means that Campaign file creation is a little more complicated.  It is allot more free form than the old generator, which is where it gets it's flexibility from, but that also means it won't be quite as easy to just start creating a campaign file.  I went into it a little cocky, and found that I had to start from the ground up learning how the interactions happen before I could make meaningful changes.

You can change sort orders, create your own genders, add additional stats (strength, etc.)  The feats have been able to handle anything I can throw at them so far.  There are still some issues with magic using classes I haven't gotten my finger on yet, but there is allot of flexibility there, and I think any type of caster should be easy to handle.  In Alpha we added the ability to create groups within the different section, so you cna say group all the fighter bonus feats into one package, and assign that instead of asigning each feat separately.

There is also a campaign packager, so you can store your campaign on a website, and you players can download it.  Perfect for people who play over something like fantasy grounds.  There is also a StatBlock generator that can be copied, then pasted into whatever you need it to be. 

I don't think it's quite ready for open beta yet everyone, but please be patient, I think you will all be very happy with the product once it's ready.

Now that I've put all this out there, I guess I need to dedicate more time to RBCG. 
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: