Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/daan/data/www/redblade.org/www/community/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
redblade.org + MUD, looking for hosting suggestions
community.redblade.org
October 22, 2018, 09:24:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forums spam cleaned up. Registration disabled due to spambots, sorry!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: redblade.org + MUD, looking for hosting suggestions  (Read 4422 times)
daan
Administrator
Gem-Encrusted Sword

View Profile WWW Email
« on: January 10, 2007, 11:15:08 am »

Hi all!

I'm investing moving the site (and my MUD) to a colocated or dedicated server of my own.

Currently redblade.org resides on my employers colocated server. Traffic will probably pick up with Redblade CG I want to avoid blindsiding my employer with a huge bill and a crippled server.

I currently pay 30$ a month for my mud hosting, due to the memory requirements. If I do colocate I'll probably invest enough so I can be sure of some good performance for any future MUD-design plans Tongue

I'm looking for intel on datacenters/provider, where to get a cheap (and optionally used) server, and optionally good ways to get more out of my budget. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your time!
Daan
daan
Administrator
Gem-Encrusted Sword

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 01:37:31 pm »

tongue9 you have a Mudd daan thats awesome what is and who do i get to it

http://www.dark-legacy.com

Smiley I'm on hiatus from it until Redblade CG gets properly established.

Daan
gsman
Adventurers Blade

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 09:24:14 pm »

COOL!! you should have told us this long ago
edit: I just tried it, IT ROCKS! i want a non-internet copy, so i can play at home(no 'net there)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 11:00:45 pm by gsman » Logged

0.0) This is Bob. Bob wants to take over the world. Please copy and paste Bob into your sig to help him on his quest.
Werewolf_HaXXoR
Adventurers Blade

Fighter, why use a sword made of a koala's nose?

UmbrellaCorp190
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 10:58:14 am »

Truthfully, Daan, I'd check EVERY computer store within a 50 mile radius of your home. I mean, hear in Milwaukee, we have over 15 computer stores within 20 miles of my house... It's kinda funny actually. I have my own computer that i built out of a mini-server case, and i use it mostly for gaming (I like to blow holes in aliens in Quake 4); Redblade (of course), and other stuff. If you wanna have someone build it for you, though, it'll cost you a good chunk of change (they charge for parts, labor, software, and the coffee they consume while building it). LOL, it's fun to build it yourself, though, because you never really know if it's gonna work right... I cooked at least 4 cables building my computer.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin:
The ORIGINAL home of GEN-CON
Home of Coo Coo Cal and MC Mike
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: