Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/daan/data/www/redblade.org/www/community/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Implementing Forgotten Realms
community.redblade.org
December 10, 2018, 04:10:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forums spam cleaned up. Registration disabled due to spambots, sorry!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Implementing Forgotten Realms  (Read 5354 times)
TKONP
Rusty Dagger

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2005, 10:31:04 pm »

i'll help where i can...im a FR freak...as my book collection can attest Tongue

only problem is, im not sure if there is a 3.5ed FR campaign setting.....
trekie9001
Rusty Dagger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 04:24:37 pm »

Quote from: "TKONP"
i'll help where i can...im a FR freak...as my book collection can attest Tongue

only problem is, im not sure if there is a 3.5ed FR campaign setting.....

Their is a 3.5 version of Forgotten Realms.  If you get the Player's Guide to Faerūn they have conversions for all of the prestige classes, feats, etc.

url]www.trekie9001.us[/url]
Syrovi
Rusty Dagger

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 02:25:31 pm »

I am prepared to help too
LuTBenedict
Rusty Dagger

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005, 07:32:16 pm »

I have all of the current d20 forgotten realms books and am currently coding them all over into a FR reblade campaign rules set.

There are two hitches. One, is that its difficult (ie impossible as far as i can find) to implement the regional feats/language in the current redblade. I cheated around this by making a new language "home region language" to cover that base that you can write over on your char sheet. As for the feat selection, just don't pick feats your region doesnt allow?

all the races, languages, extra equipment, part of the spells and prestige classes are already done

I will post updates as I finish it off. I only have so much time. Once I think its nearing completion I will post a copy of the campaign up for evaluation.
LuTBenedict
Rusty Dagger

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 07:36:20 pm »

Oh, and i'd kill to have the option to place whatever icons/sprites/gifs/etc into the program, instead of being limited to the existing ones, or hacking the dat file to implement new ones. Wouldn't it be easier to just make calls to a folder of appropriate filetypes and resize them automatically?
Syrovi
Rusty Dagger

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005, 01:47:00 am »

Getting the languages in is a bit of work, but not that bad - i entered them all as new languages.
The races skills and feats are more difficult - to me at least- but i do not think it is impossible...
I had to scramble recently to get it ready for a campaign starting in the Dalelands and managed to get the Drow race [after a fashion], all the languages, and the Dalelands specific skills and feats [not all - but most]
Syrovi
Rusty Dagger

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005, 03:36:24 am »

Ok...feats are difficult  :oops:

I just tried to add the bloodline of fire feat and could not find anywhere to add the +4 bonus to saving throws vs fire effects, or +2 to the dc of firespells cast by the PC

maybe the solution in these cases is to add that to the character description somehow?
 Cheesy
LWentworth8567
bug hunter
Battleworn Gladius

LWentworth8567@hotmail.com Private+ask+if+y Private+ask+if+you+want+it.
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2005, 12:56:10 pm »

I think in the specials there could be a trick to that. look at other characters and items and see if you can manage something.

Help others that need it However only if they deserve it!
LuTBenedict
Rusty Dagger

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2005, 08:43:08 pm »

Ok. so I think I worked out how to set up the regional specific stuff

I need to make a race, for each region that race lives in, in the program
(ie Dalelands Drow, Underdark Drow, etc) and then restrict the feats to that race.

That would take forever. So I am officially dropping the entire regional thing. The players can just be smart when using the proggie and restrict themselves to their region (until such time as regional selection becomes a part of the program.) As for the languages, I had no trouble getting them into the program, I just wanted to make those region specific as well.

I just got the last of the FR campaign books, so I will be able to intensively data crunch and get the campaign up soon. One thing that stymied me, is, I can't find a reliable 3.0-3.5 guide anywhere (ie all the changes made, listed) that will allow me to adjust the shit in the campaign setting not covered in players guide to faerun.
deckhard
Rusty Dagger

deadeckhard
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2005, 11:36:30 am »

Wizards offers a 3.0 to 3.5 converter online.  I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head but just you can do some browsing and it should stick out like a sore thumb.  www.wizards.com
LuTBenedict
Rusty Dagger

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2005, 06:07:34 am »

Hmm, new questions have arisen.

Is there a feature in the program to make one class ACT like another for spell selection? For instance, in the 3.5 (players guide to faerun) for FR the harper scout becomes the harper agent. Rather than get their own spel list, they just use whatever arcane spelllist they had access to before (if any) and pretend they gained a level in it.

To explain. I am 1st level bard and take my first level of harper agent. After resolving everything else, I also get new spells as if I gained a level in bard.

Is there a way to do this? So far, I just made the harper agent act like a bard (using the bards spells per day for its levels) and went through the spell list, and any bard spell, added the class Harper Agent at the same level as bard. This was very slow, annoying, and only works if you went bard before harper, not wiz, sorc, etc.
RBuser
Rusty Dagger

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2005, 04:34:59 pm »

:)   lookin to make a thief but not sure how to proceed
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: